The mission of the Events Subcommittee is to provide counsel and advice on professional nursing issues to the Chief Nurse Officer, the Surgeon General, and federal agencies while serving as a representative of the federal nursing voice. The vision of the Events Sub-Committee is be a national coalition of nursing leaders committed to promoting and protecting the public health.
- To provide easy access via web links to current events in our Nation.
- Organize annual U.S. Public Health Service Nursing Recognition Day.
- Support the COA conference.
- Provide a current list of conferences annually by Dec 31 of each year.
- Update conference list quarterly as conferences are added.
- Provide place for nurses to provide feedback to add conferences to the website.
- Invite speakers who will provide opportunity for attendees to learn.
- Provide opportunity for nurses to showcase their posters that have been presented over the last year.
- Encourage attendance by offering incentives such as CEU, raffles etc.
- Invite groups to set up tables to showcase job opportunities and other unique opportunities for civil service and
- PHS officers at the Annual Nursing Recognition Day.
- Set up booth at the annual COA conference to recruit for PHS, as well as offer information for the nursing category.
- Plan nurse category day at the COA conference.
- Support the planning committee of the COA conference.
Events Subcommittee Co-Chairs:
CDR Jennifer Sarchet Jennifer.Sarchet@fda.hhs.gov 240-402-4275
LCDR Bryan Emery Bryan.Emery@fda/hhs.gov 240-402-8054
Page Last Modified on 4/13/2017