The mission of the N-PAC Events Subcommittee is to support the Nurse Category and Office of the Chief Nurse in planning, promoting, and executing events that will enhance the education, preparedness, readiness, and networking capabilities of the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Nurse Category. Examples of such events include but are not limited to: USPHS Nursing recognition events, Commissioned Officers Association Conference-Nurse Category Day, representation at the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States annual meeting, espirit de corps, uniformed service ceremonies (change of command, retirement etc.), meet and greet sessions with the Chief Nurse and dignitaries and identify/maintain an annual list of conferences and meetings of interest on the N-PAC website.
We are always looking for new Officers to join our committee who will remain committed, responsive, and flexible.
Please contact the Co-Chairs for further information.
- To provide easy access via web links to current events in our Nation.
- Organize annual U.S. Public Health Service Nursing Recognition Day.
- Support the COA conference.
- Provide a current list of conferences annually by Dec 31 of each year.
- Update conference list quarterly as conferences are added.
- Provide place for nurses to provide feedback to add conferences to the website.
- Invite speakers who will provide opportunity for attendees to learn.
- Provide opportunity for nurses to showcase their posters that have been presented over the last year.
- Encourage attendance by offering incentives such as CEU, raffles etc.
- Invite groups to set up tables to showcase job opportunities and other unique opportunities for civil service and
- PHS officers at the Annual Nursing Recognition Day.
- Set up booth at the annual COA conference to recruit for PHS, as well as offer information for the nursing category.
- Plan nurse category day at the COA conference.
- Support the planning committee of the COA conference.
Events Subcommittee Co-Chairs:
CDR Stefanie Glenn, (410) 786-4918, email@example.com
LCDR Bryan Emery, Bryan.Emery@fda.hhs.gov
Page Last Modified on 10/9/2018