University Point of Contact Newsletter
Prior editions are archived on the UPOC Newsletter Max.gov page. max.gov login required
There are a number of materials available to assist with Agency and USPHS recruitment efforts. These materials include handouts, video presentations, websites, social media links, and other suggestions. Aside from those listed below, it is also suggested to bring business cards, pharmacy challenge coins, photo/image release forms, and a camera whenever attending a job fair, participating in a community event, or giving a talk.
Here are some of the popular recruitment materials:
- USPHS.gov site: CCHQ's official public page, designed with recruitment in mind. Good resource for COSTEP ("Student Opportunities and Training" tab) and cross-category recruitment materials ("Careers and Benefits" tab).
- USPHS Informational Video: Short introduction to the history and present status of the USPHS
- USPHS Infographic: 1 page color handout summarizing USPHS from the USPHS.gov site.
- Social Media*: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Includes great public health pharmacy information.
- Duty Station Map: Gives a general idea of the various locations USPHS pharmacists may be stationed.
- JOAG Career Fairs
- PHS-Rx-Students@list.nih.gov: Pharmacy Call to Active Duty window and other announcements are sent periodically to this listserv, which students may request to join.
- Current Vacancies: May give an idea of where USPHS pharmacists are currently needed. Jobs listed may not be available to new Call to Active Duty pharmacists.
*You may take pictures with students, faculty, and other individuals. However, if you intend to post these to any of the PharmPAC Social Media pages, within an article in the UPOC Newsletter or Perspectives Newsletter, or any other venue, then you must use the "**HHS Photo/Image Release Form" for each person in the picture who is not a federal government employee. You must complete the “Agency Representative” section of the form. For more information on how to post to PharmPAC's Social Media pages, see the "Social Media" section of the PharmPAC's General Meeting Minutes.
Page Last Modified on 4/2/2019
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.