Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity Advisory Group (SOAGDAG)
Provide advice and consultation to and on behalf of the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Surgeon General related to:
- Issues of interest to and concern of LGBT officers, and other sexual and gender minorities and their allies in the USPHS.
- Issues related to Commission Corps (CC) personnel policies and practices relevant to LGBT officers.
- Provision of LGBT-competent health care by CC healthcare providers.
We invite you to join the Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity Advisory Group (SOAGDAG) in its endeavors to expand the visibility, impact, and role of LGBT Officers in the USPHS and raise awareness about critical public health issues the LGBT community.
SOAGDAG membership consists of voting and non-voting members. There may be up to 20 voting members, and an unlimited number of non-voting members. All non-votimg members are welcome to serve on subcommittees and be active in helping SOAGDAG achieve its mission.
Currently, voting members are nominated and appointed to SOAGDAG. Voting members must be:
- Active Duty Commissioned Corps Officers who meet Office of Force Readiness Deployment (OFRD) basic readiness standards.
- Interested in LGBT Issues to further the SOAGDAG mission.
- Activly participating in one of SOADAG subcommittees while serving as a voting memeber.
Subscribe to the SOAGDAG Listserv
In addition to participating in our meetings and committees we also want to encourage you to join our Listserv, as this is the primary way we communicate with our fellow officers. You may subscribe, I, or change your email address for the SOAGDAG Listserv: http://go.usa.gov/xkSv9 .
||LCDR Sharyl Trail
|SOAGDAG Vice Chair
||LCDR Allen Applegate
||LCR Dakota (Cody) McMurray
|SOAGDAG Senior Advisor
||CAPT John Moroney
|SOAGDAG Ex Oficio
||CDR Richard Dunville
|SOAGDAG Committee Chairs
|Awards Committee Chair
||LCDR Jennifer Cockrill
|Communication Committee Chair
||CDR Steve Morin
|Membership Committee Chair
||LCDR Grant McElwee
|Policy Committee Chair
||LT Ofir (Noah) Nevo
|Education&Training Committee Chair
||LCDR Eric Jamoom
Helpful Links and Information
Tue, 17 Mar 2015 06:14:00 EST
This is the first RSS/News Feed for the osg site. What our feed for updates on our activities.
Page Last Modified on 4/25/2018