The primary mission of the APAOC Career Development and Advancement Subcommittee is to promote and advance the career development of APAOC members. The main responsibilities for the subcommittee include:
- Provide guidance and support to all APAOC members in career development and advancement.
- Develop and promote the APAOC Mentorship Program.
- Assist individual officer’s requests with regard to the career opportunities and PHS advancement matters.
- Contact new Officer Basic Course (OBC) graduates interested in the mentorship program
- Complete an Operational End of Year Accomplishments and Action Items Report for the APAOC Chair/Vice Chair that typically includes total number of mentor participants, total number of mentees, inquiries that were addressed, and other relevant subcommittee accomplishments that were achieved.
- Attend APAOC General Membership and Voting Membership meetings and provide updates on Subcommittee progress. If neither Co-Chair can attend a meeting, an alternate should be arranged. The alternate shall provide an update on the Subcommittee’s progress on behalf of the Co-Chairs.
Goals for 2023:
- Match mentees with mentors utilizing a streamlined automated approach that will create better matching relationships
- Create a repository of career development resources for mentors to utilize for their mentoring sessions
- Increase recruitment of senior officers to serve as mentors
- Set up at least 1 dinner with a CAPT outside the DMV area
- Conduct a speed mentoring event at the annual APAOC Leadership Summit
If you have any questions and interested in the Career Development and Advancement Subcommittee, please feel free to contact the subcommittee chair and co-chair:
Chair: CDR Mona Patel (email@example.com); Alternate: LCDR Truong-Vinh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-Chair: CAPT Simeen Kaur (email@example.com); Alternate: CDR Song Lavalais (Song.Lavalais@fda.hhs.gov)
Page Last Modified on 2/21/2023
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.