The ICAC serves in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, technical support, and evaluation of activities related to the professional discipline(s) it represents in the PHS with the specific objectives of:
- Migrating and consolidating PAC/CAG websites and web content to government hosted servers identified by DSI.
- Providing support and IT technical assistance to individual PAC/CAGs related to the ongoing maintenance of websites on government hosted servers.
- Coordinating service requests for PAC/CAG website server support for sites.
- Providing assistance to DSI on miscellaneous projects upon request.
- Providing a conduit for communications between DSI and the CC.
Additional functions include Content Management System maintenance and development, management of user accounts and roles, and guidance/training on IT policies affecting PHS websites (508 compliance and social media).