Category Day Subcommittee
Chair: CDR Deborah Dee
Co-Chair: LCDR Oliver Ou
Standard Operating Procedure [PDF]
SciPAC Category Day at the annual USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium offers a unique opportunity for all Scientist Officers to gather together to share information about their scientific work and contributions, and to get to know one another. Through the presentations and reports, participants gain insight into career development strategies, meet other Scientist Officers, and reunite with old friends
2020 Category Day
The 55th annual USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium has been postponed until June 21-24, 2021 at the Renaissance Phoenix in Glendale, Arizona.
The purpose of the Category Day Subcommittee is to plan and implement Scientist Category Day. The Subcommittee Chair serves as the SciPAC representative on the Category Day planning committee for the USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium and provides reports during monthly SciPAC calls. The Subcommittee includes several teams, including the Abstract Team, Speaker Team, Agency Networking Team, and Social Team, to contribute to the planning and Category Day execution including:
- Solicit abstracts from the SciPAC membership and systematically review submitted abstracts to ensure the highest quality abstracts are selected for presentation during Category Day under the following four tracks:
- Career Development
- Innovative Science
- Morale, Welfare, & Recreation (MWR) Tips & Tricks
- Prepare the Category Day agenda, which is intended to provide SciPAC membership with broad exposure to the scientific research and programs that are being undertaken by Scientist Officers; networking opportunities; and a look at critical and timely issues for the Scientist Category.
- Organize the Category Day Social Event, which serves as the only annual opportunity for Scientist Officers from across the country and different government agencies to meet their colleagues in person.
- Provide all necessary logistical support for carrying out Category Day and the Category Day Social.
USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium:
Category Day Agendas and Presentations
Page Last Modified on 5/11/2020
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.