The MOLC serves in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, and evaluation of activities related to ethnic minority officers it represents in the PHS with specific objectives:
- Identifying and facilitating resolution of issues of concern as they relate to the MOLC ethnic minority officers.
- Assessing PHS personnel needs and assisting in meeting these needs through activities in recruitment, training, utilization and recognition of ethnic minority officers.
- Developing position papers, statistical reports and/or guidelines where appropriate, in order to advise and comment on matters relating to the personnel issues of ethnic minority officers.
- Promoting the development and utilization of MOLC by the PHS and other Governmental programs.
- Promoting all aspects of MOLC throughout the Agencies and Programs of the PHS.
- Providing liaison among ethnic minority officers within and among PHS components, and providing advice and consultation to the Agency Heads and operating programs upon request.
The MOLC is comprised of the four Chartered Minority Advisory Groups (CMAGs). To learn more about each CMAG, visit one of the links below.
We appreciate the time you have taken to learn about our various committees and encourage you to explore this website to learn more about the MOLC's accomplishments, activities, history, mission, and vision.
Page Last Modified on 11/1/2017