The mission of the Hispanic Officers Advisory Committee (HOAC) is to inform and advise the Office of the Surgeon General (OSG) on matters concerning the Hispanic/Latino community, offer professional development opportunities, educate, encourage community outreach, and provide a network of support for officers committed to promoting, advancing, and protecting the health and safety of Hispanic/Latino communities throughout the nation and globally.
The HOAC serves in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, and evaluation of activities related to Officers in all professional categories committed to improving the health and wellbeing of Hispanic/Latino communities with the following specific objectives:
- Serves as a resource and advisor in the education, outreach, and commitment to advance and protect the health and safety of Hispanic/Latino communities.
- Supports the career advancement and professional development of Hispanic/Latino officers and other officers committed to improving the health of Hispanic/Latino communities.
- Coordinates and facilitates communication and outreach among Hispanic/Latino officers, MOLC, CMAGs, governmental agencies, operating divisions (OPDIV) and communities where officers are assigned.
- Identifies public health concerns impacting Hispanic/Latino communities and advises the OSG on those concerns through MOLC.
- Provides a network of support for officers committed to promote, advance, and protect the health and safety of Hispanic/Latino communities throughout the nation and globally.
Page Last Modified on 5/5/2017