Join the SGHG
The Surgeon General’s Honor Guard is recruiting officers who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the mission of Corps. As a member of the Honor Guard, you will have the honor to present the Colors at various events and represent all officers of the USPHS Commissioned Corps, past and present.
Membership in the Honor Guard will be attained by those officers who demonstrate the professionalism, pride, selflessness, and positive attitude that should typify a commissioned officer.
The requirements for consideration as a probationary member of the Surgeon General’s Honor Guard are as follows:
- Must have supervisor's permission and support to participate in Honor Guard activities. As well as Agency approval.
- Must be in good standing in the USPHS Commissioned Corps, and must meet the Basic Level of Readiness.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a Ceremonial Service Dress Blue uniform.
- Must be willing and able to attend regularly scheduled practices in drill and ceremony.
- Must be willing and available for formal presentations and ceremonies.
- Must be willing to wear the PHS uniform on a daily basis with pride and distinction.
- Must be willing to place the needs of the Corps above personal convenience.
Page Last Modified on 5/31/2018