We invite you to join the Hispanic Officers Advisory Committee in its endeavors to expand the visibility, impact, and role of Hispanic Officers in the USPHS and raise awareness about critical public health issues affecting the Hispanic community. Join our HOAC listserv and stay informed about all our activities by going to the following webpage: https://list.nih.gov/archives/hoac.html Roll up your sleeves and help HOAC achieve its mission and objectives by applying to become a voting member.
Join our USPHS Hispanic Officers Advisory Committee Facebook Group so you don’t miss:
- deployment related opportunities to build your skills for best serving Spanish-speaking populations
- education and outreach opportunities to increase your knowledge and impact your community
- our officers and initiatives in action: showcasing our various HOAC activities and opportunities to get involved
- monthly health features focusing on Hispanic health inspiring you to make a difference in your family and community by serving as a health champion
HOAC membership consists of no more than 20 voting members, and an unlimited number of general members who are non-voting but may serve on subcommittees and be active in helping HOAC achieve its mission. At the time they are nominated and appointed to HOAC, voting members must be:
- Active Duty Commissioned Corps (CC) Officers who meet basic readiness standards; or
- Full-time Civil Servants within the Department of Health and Human Services; and
- Interested in Hispanic Issues to further the HOAC mission.
Anyone can be a general member, we look forward to having you join us! Contact Recruitment and Retention Subcommittee for more information: Chair: LCDR Juana Figueroa firstname.lastname@example.org
HOAC Membership Presentation [PDF]
Page Last Modified on 10/20/2017
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.