Resilience Through Meditation (RTM)
A program created by PHS Officers for PHS Officers
The Resilience Through Meditation program was developed by CAPT Candace Hander and CAPT Indira Harris to provide a live, in-person meditation experience for all USPHS Officers and their civilian colleagues in OPDIV’s where there is interest. It is a HSPAC initiative designed to reach ALL Commissioned Corps Officers everywhere they may be stationed, to include those working in remote locations who could benefit from more connection and support.
Mindfulness and Meditation has many benefits that everyone can take advantage of, for example:
- Overcoming Stress
- Strengthens ability to remain calm/clear headed under duress
- Expands capacity for decision making
- Improved ability to adapt
- Greater satisfaction with relationships in work and life
- Helps to increase innovation and creativity
Questions about RTM?
Contact HSPAC Community Wellness Chairs: