Operation Corps Strong
Operation Corps Strong (OCS) was established to develop resilience focused program for USPHS Officers and their Families that supports the unique culture of the Corps. Our goals are: (1) promote a resilient and ready Corps through innovative initiatives focused on Deployment Resilience, Suicide Prevention, Officer and Family Support; (2) Synthesize services and resources and make them accessible to Officers and their Families; (3) Strengthen and unify our Corps through cross category collaborations and initiatives.
Key Facts about Operation Corps Strong
Operation Corps Strong (OCS) was developed by a small team of multidisciplinary Officers who recognized key gaps in providing behavioral health resources to all Commissioned Corps Officers.
- During the Ebola mission in 2014, some of these gaps became apparent which resulted in the formation of a Family Support Network in addition to other initiatives.
- Some of the proposed key initiatives include development of a resiliency program, a coordinated suicide prevention plan, and Officer and family support throughout the deployment cycle.
- OCS organized 4 pillars (Deployment Resiliency, Suicide Prevention, Officer Support, and Family Support) to develop training and provide subject matter expertise to the Corps based on the identified gaps.
- OCS aims to create an array of resources and supports that speak to the unique needs and challenges of the Commissioned Corps.
- OCS believes that resilience initiatives should be incorporated into all aspects of the Corps, beginning at OBC, regardless of professional discipline, location or agency assignment.
For more information on programs and initiatives and how you can help, please contact one of the OCS members: