Welcome to the OPAG Page
The purpose of the Optometry Professional Advisory Group (OPAG) is to provide advice and consultation to the Surgeon General, through the HS PAC and Chief HS Officer on activities of all U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) optometrists.
The OPAG functions in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, training and evaluation of activities related to U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) optometrists with the specific objectives of:
- Identifying issues of interest and facilitating the resolution of concerns as they relate to the optometrists;
- Assessing personnel needs of the USPHS as related to optometrists and assisting in meeting the needs relative to recruitment, retention, training, professional development and utilization;
- Assessing professional development needs and developing position statements, statistical reports, and/or guidelines, where appropriate, to advise and comment on matters relating to the personnel issues of USPHS optometrists and their practices;
- Promoting cooperation and communication among and between other professional disciplines and optometrists;
- Promoting all aspects of service delivered by optometrists throughout the agencies and programs of the USPHS.
We believe that you will find the following links helpful and welcome your questions, comments and involvement.
Questions may be directed to:
CDR Sarah Stienbarger, OD, FAAO
Chair, OPAG Recruitment Subcommittee
Liaison, Health Services Assignment Assistance Program (HSAAP)
Liaison, HS PAC Mentoring Subcommittee
Page Last Modified on 1/28/2019
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.