Welcome to the DHPAG Page
Dental Hygiene Professional Advisory Group (DHPAG) of the Health Services Professional Advisory Committee (HS PAC) shall provide advice and consultation to the Surgeon General through the HS PAC and Chief Health Services Officer on issues relating to the professional practice and personnel activities of Commissioned Officers in the Dental Hygiene Professional Discipline with the following objectives:
- To identify and facilitate the resolution of issues as they relate to the needs of the Dental Hygiene Professional Discipline.
- To identify PHS and other personnel needs and to assist in meeting these needs through activities such as recruitment, retention, training, utilization, and proper recognition of Dental Hygiene Officers.
- To develop position papers, statistical reports and or guidelines where appropriate, in order to advise and comment on both personnel and professional practice issues involving the discipline of Dental Hygiene.
- To promote continuing education and acquisition of advanced degrees (e.g. MPH, PhD) in order to provide opportunities for employment in all PHS Operating Divisions and other health related programs ( e.g. other federal/state agencies and international organizations.)
- To review and provide recommendations concerning proposed or needed changes to appointment standards and billet descriptions in order to broaden the opportunities for Dental Hygiene Officers.
- To assess and project the need for Dental Hygiene staffing levels throughout the PHS and to provide advice on goals to meet those needs.
- To develop and/or review and critique category specific PHS recruitment materials, procedures and programs.
- To assist in the development of orientation materials for newly-commissioned Dental Hygiene Officers and provide advice/recommendations concerning orientation programs.
- To encourage individual membership and involvement with professional organizations and societies.
- To promote all aspects of dental hygiene through out the Operating Divisions and programs of the USPHS. We believe that you will find the following links helpful and welcome your questions, comments and involvement.
The DHPAG is comprised of Registered Dental Hygienists who are Commissioned Officers. These Officers are assigned to various agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services. The agencies include the Bureau of Prisons, the Food and Drug Administration, the Center for Disease Control, the Health Resources and Services Administration and the Indian Health Service.
- Show your pride and order DHPAG coin.
- The Dental Hygiene Professional Advisory Group (DHPAG) is soliciting nominations for new voting members to serve a 3-year term begining January 1, 2017. Bylaws and subcommittee information can be found at the link to the left.
*Nominations are due by October 28, 2016 COB. Please email LCDR Sheila Weagle at firstname.lastname@example.org and also Cc LCDR(sel) Angelica Chica at Angelica.Chica@fda.hhs.gov. Self-nomination form
Page Last Modified on 4/15/2019
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.