Welcome to the MLSPAG Page
Medical Laboratory Science Professional Advisory Group (MLSPAG) functions in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, training and evaluation of activities related to Health Services Officers in the Medical Laboratory Science professional discipline in the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) with the specific objectives of:
- Identifying issues of interest and facilitating the resolution of concerns as they relate to medical laboratory science;
- Assessing personnel needs of USPHS as related to medical laboratory science and assisting in meeting the needs relative to recruitment, retention, training, utilization, and professional development;
- Assessing the professional development needs, developing position papers, statistical reports, and/or guidelines where appropriate, to advise and comment on matters relating to the personnel issues of medical laboratory science and their practices;
- Promoting cooperation and communication among and between other professional disciplines and health professionals; and
- Promoting all aspects of medical laboratory science throughout the agencies and programs of the USPHS.
Page Last Modified on 1/7/2019
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.