Welcome to the PAPAG Page
The purpose of the Physician Assistant Professional Advisory Group (PAPAG) is to provide advice and consultation to the Surgeon General, through the HSPAC and Chief HS Officer on issues relating to the professional practice and personnel activities of Commissioned Officers in the Physician Assistant (PA) Professional Discipline.
The PAPAG functions in a resource and advisory capacity to assist in the development, coordination, training and evaluation of activities related to Health Services Officers (HSOs) in the PA discipline in the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) with the specific objectives of:
- Identifying issues of interest and facilitating the resolution of concerns as they relate to physician assistant officers;
- Assessing personnel needs of the USPHS as related to physician assistants and assisting in meeting the needs relative to recruitment, retention, training, professional development and utilization;
- Assessing professional development needs and developing position papers, statistical reports, and/or guidelines, where appropriate, to advise and comment on matters relating to the personnel issues of health administration professionals and their practices;
- Promoting cooperation and communication among and between other professional disciplines and health professionals;
- Promoting all aspects of service delivered by physician assistants throughout the agencies and programs of the USPHS.
We believe that you will find the following links helpful and welcome your questions, comments and involvement.
Page Last Modified on 3/7/2018
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.