Welcome to the PHPAG Page
Public Health Professional Advisory Group (PHPAG) represents the diversity of public health disciplines. We provide a networking and support platform for those working in public health positions, with an emphasis on professional advancement. Our subgroups are:
- Administrative Management
- Data & Evaluation
- Education, Training, & Mentorship
- Stakeholder & Community Engagement
- Technical Readiness
The Education, Training, & Mentorship Subgroup has four Public Health Teams. These Teams are Epidemiology, Generalist, Global Health, and Health Promotion Health Education.
The PHPAG serves in a resource and advisory role in the coordination, development, training, and evaluation of activities related to the public health professional disciplines among Health Services Officers (HSOs) in the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS). Objectives of the PHPAG are:
- To identify personnel needs of the USPHS and assist in meeting these needs through recruitment, mentoring, retention, training, utilization, and proper recognition of HSOs.
- To promote continuing education, certifications and acquisition of advanced degrees (e.g. CHES/MCHES, PhD, DHSc, DrPH) for future employment opportunities.
- To work in collaboration with other PAGs on issues pertaining to USPHS Officers.
- To represent diverse public health disciplines that ensure the health and safety needs of the nation are met.
Page Last Modified on 4/10/2019
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.