Mental Health Subcommittee
Subcommittee Chair: CAPT Marc Safran
Vice Chair for Communications: CDR Tangeneare Singh
Mission: To address and to advise the Committee and the Medical Category leadership on issues related to the mental health of U.S. Public Health Service physicians and the populations they serve.
- US Public Health Service physician
- Prepared to consider sensitive, complex mental health issues
- Able to attend monthly conference calls
- Able to communicate between meetings
- Professional experience, training, and/or skills relevant to Mission
1)The Subcommittee is limited to ten members. Each person interested in volunteering for an open position on the Subcommittee will be asked to share a Curriculum Vitae showing he or she meets the above criteria.
2) Each volunteer with a CV demonstrating the above is invited to participate in an Interview with a current subcommittee member designated by the Chair. The interview’s purpose is to discuss whether the members’ professional interests and skills would be a good match for the subcommittee .
Current Projects – June to December 2015
Environmental Scanning of issues related to the mental health of US Public Health Service physicians and the populations they serve
Monthly Discussion of related issues
The Vice Chair for Communications organizes the subcommittee’s monthly meetings and serves as the key Point of Contact:
CDR Tangeneare Singh, MD, USPHS
Department Chief, Child Psychiatry
Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Page Last Modified on 8/18/2015