PPAC Visibility & Culture Subcommittee
2015 Mission Statement
- Increase the visibility of the Commissioned Corps among the public, health professionals, and other uniformed services
- Expand opportunities for CC physicians to engage in activities both within the PHS and with partners at other federal agencies and departments
- Improve the morale of Corps Medical Officers
- Advise the CPO on these issues
2015 Broad Goals
- Facilitate opportunities for PHS physicians to participate in other federal medical activities, such as clinical work with DOD and the VA. Benefits include Corps physicians being able to maintain regular clinical hours and active clinical status, as well as increased opportunities for unique deployment experiences.
- Increase physician attendance at annual COA training meeting. Benefits include meeting other PHS officers, learning about PHS activities and possible areas of involvement, and exploring mentorship possibilities
For a complete powerpoint presentation about this SC, please click here.
Rachel Bishop, MD, MPH
Chief, Consult Services Section
National Eye Institute
National Institutes of Health
Page Last Modified on 8/6/2015
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.