JOAG Awards Committee Informational Flyer
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
The Awards Committee meets every other month on 3rd Tuesday from 1300-1400 EST, unless there is a conflict due to a holiday or unforseen conflict arises.
The dial in information, WebEx link, and meeting agenda is sent to all Awards Committee members.
The responsibilities of the JOAG Awards Committee include:
- Solicit, review, and recommend awardees of all JOAG awards.
- Review annually the criteria, scoring system, and nomination forms for all JOAG awards.
- Develop, maintain, and review the awards program for JOAG.
- Remain informed of changes to the USPHS Commissioned Corps Awards System and be a resource for junior officers by explaining how these changes may affect them.
- Serve as resource, advisor, and support to the JOAG Executive Committee and USPHS senior officers on any issues related to awards as they pertain to junior officers.
- Generate and track Special Assignment Award (SAA) nominations for JOAG voting members meeting eligibility requirements.
- Maintain recognition process (i.e. Letter of Appreciation, plaques) for active JOAG participants and advisors.
- Review committee structure and SOP annually to ensure they are up to date and adequate for the committee's functions.
- Maintain the Awards Committee section of the JOAG website.
Mission: To facilitate the awards process and recognize junior officers for their accomplishments and commitment to the mission of the U.S. Public Health Service.
If you're interested in being involved in shaping the future of JOAG through the Awards Committee, please contact the Chairs.
2022-2023 Awards Committee Leadership
Page Last Modified on 10/17/2022
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.