Recruitment & Retention Committee
JOAG Recruitment & Retention Committee Informational Flyer
Answering the Call: Commissioned Corps vs. Civil Service
MARK YOUR CALENDAR The Recruitment and Retention Committee meets the last Thursday every month at 1200-1300 EST.
Call-in information: We invite you to join us! Please contact the Recruitment & Retention Committee Co-Secretaries below for call-in information.
Mission: Develop projects and programs that aid in the recruitment and retention of junior officers in the United States Public Health Service.
The JOAG Recruitment and Retention (R&R) Committee supports the overall Public Health Service recruiting mission. This is accomplished by supporting a variety of subcommittees with diverse roles and objectives, collaborating with the Commissioned Corps Headquarters Recruitment Branch, and promoting additional recruitment and retention programs as developed by committee members.
R&R Committee Goals:
- Provide advice and consultation to the Surgeon General and other Corps entities on issues affecting junior officers.
- Support the initiatives of the Surgeon General.
- Serve as resource and support network for junior officers.
- Foster the development of junior officers by providing leadership opportunities and promoting professional development and high standards of officership.
- Increase visibility of the Corps.
Please contact the R&R Co-Chairs listed below if you would like more information or how to become involved.
Page Last Modified on 7/27/2023
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.