Communications & Public Relations
BCOAG Communications and Public Relations Committee
The Communications and Public Relations Committee is responsible for executing the following charges and goals:
- Evaluate and maintain the BCOAG website to ensure that a useful format and structure of the website content is established and maintained.
- Enhance BCOAG visibility within the Commissioned Corps, as wellas inthe General Public and media.
- Ensure that a useful and up-to-date information of interest to BCOAG is readily available to BCOAG membership through the newsletter, website and/or Facebook page. Additionally, the Committee will identify and organize at least one committee project per year to enhance the visibility of the BCOAG by interacting with the PACs, CPOs, OSO, minority communities, and other agencies and the media.
- Develop and update the website content by posting BCOAG meeting minutes and BCOAG related pictures on time.
- Assist the BCOAG Chair in communication with other agencies and media
- Monitor public information on African American affairs.
- Plan for Black History Month Celebration Activities.
- Review and periodically update the BCOAG brochure.
- Maintain and update the BCOAG poster.
The Communications and Public Relations Committee is comprised of the following teams:
Website Team members are responsible for maintaining and updating the BCOAG website per the request of Committee Chairs and Co-Chairs.
- Process for Updating BCOAG Committee Webpages
The BCOAG Communications and Public Relations Committee has developed a new process for requesting updates to committee webpages. In order to have your webpage updated, committees are asked to complete the BCOAG Website Update Request Form . Completed forms should be submitted to the Website Team at email@example.com. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for information to be updated on your page.
Facebook Team members are responsible for monitoring the BCOAG Facebook page by providing information related to the Commissioned Corps and BCOAG. If you are interested in supporting this team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCOAG Calendar Team
BCOAG Calendar Events Team, work in partnership with the BCOAG Correspondence Secretary to populate the events calendar located on the BCOAG website.
End of the Year Newsletter
The Newsletter Team Leads ensure articles are received from BCOAG Committees for inclusion in the BCOAG End of the Year. This year, the team will focus on developing an annual BCOAG End of the Year (EOY) Newsletter that captures BCOAG-supported events during the operational year. If you are interested in serving on the Newsletter Team, please contact email@example.com
We are actively seeking volunteers to join this Committee. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like additional information about this Committee, please email LCDR Ogechi Jubrila (Ogechi.Jubrila@fda.hhs.gov) and LCDR Chaltu Wakijra (email@example.com).
Page Last Modified on 5/14/2019