BCOAG Community Outreach Committee
The 2020 BCOAG Community Outreach Committee is dedicated to ensuring that BCOAG Officers are visible and doing great public health service in our communities.
The overall mission of the Community Outreach Committee is to:
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for BCOAG members to actively engage in activities that protect, promote, and advance the health, safety, and wellness of African-American and other minority communities where we live and work.
- Increase the visibility of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and BCOAG by participating in community outreach activities.
- Serve as an advocate for minority communities by offering our expertise on innovative ways to decrease racial and ethnic health disparities and related issues among Blacks and African-Americans.
- Provide guidance to the Office of the Surgeon General and the BCOAG general body on public health issues related to Blacks and African-American and minority communities.
The following documents are tools to request the BCOAGCommunity Outreach Committee's support for an event in your community and forms you need to successfully complete your community events:
- BCOAG Community Outreach Activity Request Form
- BCOAG Community Outreach Activity Leader Form
- BCOAG Community Outreach Post-Activity Form
If you are interested in joining the Community Outreach Committee or leading an outreach event in your community, please contact LCDR Rhonita Culver, Chair and LCDR Natasha Colmore, Co-Chair.
The Community Outreach Committee meets on the 3rd Friday of every month at 13:30. Contact LT Tanesha Shelton (Taneshia.Shelton@nih.gov) for dial-in information for dial-in information.
Committee Member (holding positions):
Page Last Modified on 2/3/2020
This page may require you to download plug-ins to view all content. Persons with disabilities having problems accessing any PDF or document on this page may call 1-888-225-3302 toll free for assistance.