Chair – CDR Joseph Collins - J4collins@bop.gov
Co-Chair - CAPT Stephanie Burrell - Stephanie.M.Burrell@uscg.mil
CDR Amber Foster - Afoster@southcentralfoundation.com
LT Cam-Van Huynh - Cam-Van.Huynh@ihs.gov
LCDR Nini Huynh - Nhuynh@southcentralfoundation.com
CDR Chien Lee - Chien.Lee@ihs.gov
CAPT Katrina Leslie-Puhuyaoma - Katrina.Leslie-Puhuyaoma@ihs.gov
CAPT Nixon Roberts - Nroberts@bop.gov
CDR Scott Williams - Scott.Williams@ihs.gov
CDR Anna Woods - Anna.Woods@ihs.gov
The purpose of the Dental Professional Advisory Committee (DePAC) Commissioned Corps Mentoring Workgroup is to provide a mechanism for transferring the accumulated career knowledge and experience of senior officer mentors to officer protégées. The DePAC Mentoring Workgroup serves as a valuable resource for Junior Officers entering United States Public Health Service as well as any officer that would just like to benefit from a mentorship relationship. As officers face numerous decisions along their career paths, mentors can serve as a resource to provide useful information regarding promotions, basic readiness, CV content and format, and other topics involving career progression. This one-on-one relationship provides mentors with the ability to positively assist other dental officers with advancing their dental careers.
Objectives & Activities:
- Provide each newly commissioned dental officer with the option to have a mentor from within his/her agency but outside his/her chain of command where possible.
- Evaluate the mentoring program on a regular basis in order to gauge program effectiveness.
- Update the content of the Mentoring web pages on the Dental Category website.
- Update the Dental Category Resource Manual annually.
- Recruit and maintain an active file of mentor volunteers.
- Develop and maintain the Mentoring Database for tracking mentor and protégée participants, mentor/protégée pairings, and evaluations.
Page Last Modified on 5/14/2020